View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 06:07 AM   #23710
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
So I have a GKTech "baffled" over the radiator catch can on my SR, and I just fitted a new Garrett to the engine. My previous S14 T28 seemed to get pretty oily in the intake after the catch can after a season of hard multi-day event drifting, and there's a little pool at the inlet to the FMIC. The engine doesn't make much blowby (S13 SR valve cover, so pretty much any oil that wants to leave, will), but pushes enough oil to somewhat defeat the baffles of the GK catch can. I'd rather not coat this brand new turbo's compressor blades if I don't have to.

I'd like to try steel wool in the catch can on the outlet side of the baffle. I'm worried of it breaking apart and naturally going straight into the turbo. Does anyone know of an inline filter with 5/8 hose ends and where I could find one? Or does anyone have better ideas?
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote