View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 12:07 AM   #1
drfftn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
Key won't come out of the ignition (s13)

I purchased the car as a shell a few years ago and did a V8 swap. When I purchased the shell from the previous owner he was in the process of 5 speed swapping the car. Pedal installed, the shift lock control unit is plugged in (under the dash), and plug is jumped in the engine bay so the car will start. The key will not come out of the ignition unless I use the little emergency release lever behind the release button. I replaced the ignition with a new ignition and the problem continues.

In the video below the guy says he had to jump the 2 wires from the shift lock solenoid for the key to be released.

https://youtu.be/J9hmQ-zLx40?t=8m59s

I know on S14's the have a metal lever that controls the key release. Is this on S13's also? First time dealing with an auto to 5 speed chassis.
drfftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links