View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 04:21 PM   #2732
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamangSorbetero View Post

Was thinking I could make them fit with just a bit of camber in the rear while keeping the fronts at around 2.5 degrees. That's where I have em in the front right now. The coilover bracket design already comes notched somehow for FF2's. But if I drill into it some more, I risk compromising the rigidity of the mount. The bolt already hits the milled part.

Can still do shakotan/zokusha without laying frame. Would love to, but California roads aren't very forgiving with lowered cars. Atleast where I live.

Help! It still looks weird af. Something still seems off about the style I want to achieve
Are you eyeballing camber or is that a measurement off a alignment rack? If you top hats are maxed alone you should be able to achieve about -3, and about -7 with your lower mount notched. Somethings not adding up here.

16s will help you achieve the look without being undriveable but then again, thats part of the look.

Most of the cars in this thread, or at least the ones that look good, are running a 15x9 to 10.5 with anywhere from a 195/50 to a 205/60. That makes the wheel smaller in the wheel well, meaning you ultimately need to lower the car EVEN MORE then on a 17's to eliminate wheel gap.

For reference, here my coupe that I was running 15's on. 15x8.5 front and 15x8 rear with 195/55 all around. I had the coils max low in the front with one collar removed.

The frame was about 1" off the ground, my oil pan skid plate had to be rebolted every other week because I kept scraping the bolt heads off, and I would regularly drag on the freeway if I forgot to ride to one side of the lane to avoid the divots in the roadway. It wasn't fun to get places but people flipped out when they saw the car rollin' at highway speed. I had a daily so I didn't mind the scraping.

TBH, if this is your daily, you probably won't be happy running this style properly. The car needs to be RETARDED LOW to make 15 and 16s look good. I have no idea how about 50% of the Japanese rides posted in this thread even move. Albeit they are excellent to look at

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKsamuraiS14 View Post
are you sure the widths are 8" front and 9" rear. With those tire sizes, it should be more stretched with those widths
I agree, somethings not adding up here.

Are you going off measurements stamped on the wheel? Or did you measure you're wheels lip to lip instead of bead to bead? If you did lip to lip then your sizes are actually 1/2 to 1 inch narrower then you're thinking.