Thread: RB FAQ
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 12:13 PM   #41
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyon23
Do you have an RB20 or an RB25? With the rb20 you do not have to bang it(the firewall and tranny channel) in because the tranny is smaller than the rb25. With the rb25 you do have to bang it in like drift factory said around the starter area. Unless your mount kit places the engine so far foward to where is touching your radiator or so low that your engine is tilting down on your pasenger side. I would like to see pics of your mounts and how your engine sits in your car. Also what is all this your taling about a kit for the power steering. The only modification you have to do is, if you have an S13 that had the KA24E, the single cam, then you need the lines from a KA24DE and a resevoir. Even in one of those I bent the power steering line enough to where I can hook it up to the pump. It sounds like you're promoting your shop more then trying to give out info..
No, you do not have to bang out the firewall in your tunnel with the RB25. If you do, its because the kit your using does not lower your engine low enough in the compartment, or allow you to move the engine backwards or forwards. That is where the the issues lies. kits that mount the engine high, will have tunnel clearance issues on the starter/tranny area. If you look in the chat section right now, koukiS14 aka henry, is doing a install with our kit right now.
The Syko kit allows you to move the engine backwards or forwards thereby leaving it up to you how far back you want it. In extreme cases there could be a little tapping and I mean little in the starter area, but you do not have to position the engine so far back as to have to do that with the Syko kit.
The key to dropping the engine lower and pushing it back, is keeping the engines center of gravity low and being able to have room to move the engine and trans back far enough. Which negates any weight balance issues that could happen or people can claim.
Am I promoting our kit a bit ? Yes! Why because I feel its superior to any kit out there and I would like to see people doing clean installs right the first time . Not with pounding body panels to make things fit.
On top of this , on the power steering comment you made.
You do have to shorten one of the twin cams power steering lines and run it directly back to the pump. This is nesscesary when your using the R33 crossmember, which is what we utilize with our kit. In that instance you wind up eliminating some of the loop that Nissan designed in the line for cooling. Hence why we have played with the idea for a kit to help the cooling side of things.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 12-30-2005 at 08:53 PM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote