View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 10:02 AM   #7
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Took the car out last night for the first time and had a great time. Car has good angle, drivetrain is solid, but it does have some issues that need to be addressed.

Main issue is grip, the car simply has too much rear grip for this DE SR. I'm running a 215/45r17 595SS with 0* camber and 1/8in toe in out back. Started at 35psi, moved to 50psi and ended the night at 60psi, adding tire pressure helped, but still wasn't enough to overcome the mechanical grip. Low speed stuff was not an issue, I could toss the rear out and hold angle for a single corner. Once I was trying to run the actual laid out track it was a different story, if I was able to break traction I'd have to stay deep in throttle to keep the car from gripping back up and I'd end up coming out of the corner waaaayyy too fast with no gear/rpm left to transition. The car would snap back and I'd end up backwards or doing a full 360.

Before the event I threw some e-fans and a shroud on the car that I got from a friend. I don't have the stock fan shroud so I figured some e-fans with a shroud would be a better solution for the time being, but it didn't really work out. Car was getting pretty hot during the day, pulled the hood off and it didn't really help. Going to rip the cheap fans off and throw some quality ones on before the next event which should remedy this.

Night ended with me kissing a stack of tires and exploding my front bumper. I had noticed my drivers front tire was contacting the inner fender a full lock causing it to bind up. I was still driving because I didn't feel like messing with the caster and it ended up being a mistake. Last run I threw the car into the last corner, deep clutch kick and it snapped to full lock. I was too close to the inside, car basically pivoted 90** on the front left tire and drove straight into a tire stack Bumper exploded, core support bent back a bit and cracked a headlight bezel. Toe strap, a friends truck and reverse got it back pretty straight, I'll have to pull the headlight and access the damage this week.

Overall had a great time, not even mad about what happened. Super happy I was able to drive as much as I did and can't wait to address the issues the car has and get back out driving!

Last edited by tb13; 03-01-2020 at 05:56 PM..
tb13 is offline   Reply With Quote