Thread: Ebola...
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #22
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Geezus, I wish you'd stop posting such ignorance. The guy without a hazmat suit was specifically trained to be there and he was the only one there capable to guiding the others onto the plane properly since the geared up personell have severly restricted hearing & vision in the suits. Look carefully... You'll see the patient is covered head to toe in gear, incapable of exchanging fluid with anyone. Nothing to fear there except public hysteria.

It's your complete & utter lack of empathy that sickens me. You demostrate a complete inability to understand what another person might have been going through. Every one of those mass murdering shooter assholes rant about being surrounded by ppl just like you. Ppl who don't care to understand shit about what another person may be going through. This guy was facing CERTAIN death in Liberia after trying to save his pregnant neighbor's life & the life of her child. She died horribly & so did 4000 other ppl. If you were in his shoes, are you saying you would NOT have acted selfishly to try saving your own life? Oh no... you're the white knight of the internet... You'd take ebola on the chin and quietly allow your insides to liquify rather than boarding a plane for the US to seek better treatment. GTFO. Cut the guy some slack. 1 person dies here & everyone goes nuts. No body was saying shit when it was just Africans affected.
Maybe it's the training I've received that tells me one should not take chances when it comes to biohazardous contaminants. If someone is contaminated, you gear up to protect yourself. Plain and simple. What sort of training have YOU received in the matter? "Restricted hearing and vision"...The facemasks on those suits cut off beyond the peripheral line of eyesight, and the suits themselves are paper thin, and you can tell that because of how they are wrinkled. Nothing more than a standard Tyvek suit and helmet, perfect for keeping things out but allowing you a full range of motion. Having worn similar suits on several occasions, I can say that you're quickly proving how little you know.

And as for being empathatic, you're right. I'm not feeling any empathy or pity regarding his fate. Re-read what I said. The two initial doctors who became infected made it known, and we treated with precision. Mr. Duncan did not, and therefore made it a fucking "Where's Waldo" hunt to find everyone he had been in contact with since returning to the US. The result? Mass ignorant panic. Did he take any precautions to safeguard his health and wellness when he apparently tried to save this woman's life? If not, then that's his shortcoming that he has now passed on to at least two people.

In regards to the maniacal assholes who go on mass shootings, please show documentation about where they said logical people (despite a lack of empathy) propelled them to go on a killing spree, despite the killer being completely normal. As for understanding "what he was going through," that is irrelevant. He was infected. He did not make it known. He put people he was in direct contact with at risk.

I get it. It's an emotional topic for you (for whatever reason). Perhaps because I feel that things like this can be avoided through training and solid instruction, I say that the only thing that Mr. Duncan can fall back on is personal ignorance. But, having never met the man, I can't say. All I can say is that if I'm unprepared to safeguard myself from contracting a virus, I'm not going to put myself in harm's way. So no, I'm not a white knight, but I have no problem saying where someone else clearly went wrong, despite good intentions.