View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 09:04 AM   #3846
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I imagine having something custom made is probably ideal. Unsure what the fitting on your water line by the dipstick is like, but the dipsticks are very pliable for bending (Mine has been bent for 3 different set ups) so maybe you can bend the dipstick out of the way and clock the fitting differently for better room.
I've considered bending the dipstick, but it is braced to the upper water neck in stock location, and I'd like to keep that if possible. The water line in question is the one on the left and closer to the camera in my photo, it terminates into the upper water neck behind the hot pipe. The fitting is straight, so there's not much I can do in terms of clocking it.

I am planning something custom with couplers and bent aluminum piping, but I am more so asking what sizes, bends, etc people have used successfully. My water lines are an off the shelf product made for bottom mount SR, and I would like to believe this very common turbo setup doesn't require everyone to modify their dipstick tube.

There's about 3" from the snout of the turbo to where it starts getting congested coming forward. I think my best bet is a 90 right off the turbo, clocked diagonally up toward the drivers side, then 45'd toward the driver side headlight. Still will be tight and wondering if there are better options.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote