View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 03:23 PM   #3
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Been a while since I was in a vert but in my B13 which had the same 2 piece style door mounted seat belts I remember it being nearly impossible to get them to lock the reels.

Remember door mounted seat belts and power retracting seat belts were designed back when the US NHTSA had the bright idea "let's make seat belts that don't really work all that well, as long as they force you to wear them" (alongside "let's make airbags that are too powerful for women, so they can work on unbelted men"). They were meant to be left buckled when you open the door. So they may not lock at all just from the action of pulling the belt out by hand because otherwise, they'd lock up when you tried to swing the door. You can also imagine what happens if you're in a crash hard enough to bend the frame and pop the doors open.

My 2c... I'd swap to coupe/hb doors and put S14 or B14 belts in the pillar Silvia vert style/Miata style.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote