View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 09:12 AM   #6
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
yeah. the top bolt is inside the door pillar, literally to the point where you need to take it 1/4 wrench-rotation at a time. you also need to take your entire door panel off, which is attached to trim that goes around the other side of the door pillar. then you need to slip the top and bottom of the belt between the manufactured gaps in the door panel plastic. if you don't have a vert, you have no idea what i'm talking about.

either way, to resolve this thread,
1) i replaced both belts
2) be really careful with your door panel trim at the top
3) YOUR BELTS PROBABLY DO LOCK. you're just not yanking them fast enough. i still have doubts that they would lock up in a collision? the lock mechanism seems to be (just like my cousins) extremely insensitive. so, AKA, i would agree with you on that one.