View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 11:29 PM   #4
dlyaverablyamit

Trader Rating: (0)
dlyaverablyamit is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsmturbo View Post
Drift Boss said:I need to pass a brake light inspection to put vehicle under my name and I have been chasing down my back up lights I installed a new switch but I will not work when put in reverse. If I remove the switch and press the switch the light will work. I put an extension and yes when put in reverse it pushes it out. It?s almost like it?s not long enough to activate the switch. Any ideas? How would I extend the button?
To extend the button on a brake light switch for better activation, you can try the following steps:Start by locating the brake light switch, which is usually located near the top of the brake pedal assembly. Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the switch from its mounting bracket->Determine how much longer the button needs to be in order to properly activate the switch. You can do this by manually pressing the switch and observing the distance it needs to travel to activate the lights.Attach the extension to the end of the brake light switch button. Ensure that it is securely fastened and will not come loose during operation.
dlyaverablyamit is offline   Reply With Quote