View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 02:07 PM   #10
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I personally avoid running most of the conversion hubs. Low quality bearings and extremely short lifespan before they develop play.

OEM hubs have never failed me. S14 front and rear hubs are still available new and aren't too expensive considering how long they'll last you.

S14 rears are a direct bolt on. Fronts will require S14 front knuckles, the small knuckle sleeves (S14 knuckle holes are bigger than S13. Don't drill out your coilover/shock mount and just keep the original S13 hardware and run the small sleeves inside).

Also, in order to run S14 front knuckles on an S13, you will need to run S14 LCA (slightly wider than S13) or swap ball joints on your S13 LCA to match the S14 knuckle taper.

Sounds like a lot, but it really isn't that difficult when it comes down to it.
s14 knuckle with oem hub and bearing is the move. S13 lca + s14 ball joint is the easiest way to make it happen, or s14 LCA if you can find good condition ones. I've been using s14 knuckles and oem bearings for 15+ years and I have yet to have one fail. (NEO grease has a lot to do with it imo. See my comments below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
On another note, you can always toss on the cheapo hubs and then service them with quality bearings when they go. I also think part of the reason the conversion hubs die early is because of poor quality grease. I pulled mine apart after a year and it was essentially some half dried glue crap. I repacked them with redline grease and then ended up selling them to a friend because I went to Goemaster 3's in the front which needed S14 hubs. That was three years ago now and they're still on the car as far as I know. Just a theory.
I've been replacing oem grease with NEO grease on every single set of bearings that comes my way, on all my vehicles. Even brand new bearings. I have yet to have a failure in 15+ years, and I attribute that equally to buying oem bearings whenever possible and the NEO grease as well. Thanks Dave Coleman for the tip.

https://www.amazon.com/Neo-Synthetic...K%2CB00H8KKGHW

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote