View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 10:41 PM   #7
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
I sincerely hope you copied and pasted that first paragraph... Here, I will fix it for you:
HID kits are illegal due to the glare that they cause. Glare is Light that is emitted in a uncontrollable path. When light is traveling in a uncontrollable path it can hit other vehicle operators, affecting their vision, because of the high amount of uncontrollable light that is being emitted from a HID kit in a standard Halogen housing. If you have ever turned a flashlight on right in front of your face while it is dark out, that is the same feeling that the other drivers on the road experience from a standard HID kit.

OEM vehicles, such as Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus, are all equipped with HID or Xenon Headlights. Some use reflector housings without projectors. Others use HID projectors.

The Lexus IS300 is a prime example of a HID reflector housing. It does not use a projector. It uses a specially designed reflector housing that is meant to use HID. This does not create the super sharp cutoff, but it does control where the light is being emitted.

Other vehicles, such as the Honda S2000, use HID projectors, These projectors are meant to use HID. They are specially designed and have been tested hundreds of times to get the right projection of light while maintaining a good cutoff.

Here are pictures of Halogen housings mated with a HID kit

9006 6000k HID Kit... mad glare

...carry on now

And I write too!