View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 09:47 PM   #103
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Teddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of light
So after thinking long and hard about the purple car, and my end goal with it, I knew deep down the one thing that was bothering me...

So long story short the quarter panels are back to stock metal lol

I called up my buddy Brent for a quarter panel “de-modification” round 2, and so the work began-

First cutting off the hammered to shit arches:

Then by using a scan of my other car, we were able to locate where the stock arch location should be:

Then hand shaping new metal for both sides of the car:

To do this the right way, a custom die was created to stamp the body line:

New wheel houses were made that sit closer to the outside skin than the stock design, to allow for more wheel clearance

Welding the new metal on and so on:

While that was going on, I began modifying my OEM kouki bumper for Greddy intercooler fitment, turn signal delete, N1 vents, etc:

Once the quarter panels were finished up, I began mocking up the car with the new parts I had acquired- Mint condition front fenders, modified kouki bumper, the rest of the kouki kit, Garage S hood, etc

Interior is still major lacking right now, but at least I have my new cluster in there haha

As for the white car, nothing has changed except that I bought a panache steering column cover for it-

That’s about it for now, more updates on both cars coming soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk