View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 04:40 PM   #3
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
My Change of Heart:

Well, shortly after the wheels and suspension were installed…things went downhill. For some reason I decided that I didn’t want to drive the old S-Chassis anymore. I felt like I wanted a newer looking car with newer features. After a bit of thinking I decided that I wanted to get a 350z. The 240 was my DD so I had to keep that until I was ready to get the new car. I sold everything 240 related that I brought back from Japan to put down a sizable down payment. We’re talking an entire S14 SR setup from engine to diff, clutch, S15 seats, body kit, lights, Z brakes, and the list goes on. I basically sold an entire S14 not including the shell…what a mistake.

I had been living a fairly kush life during my stay in Japan. The amount of benefits that I was receiving allowed me to life a lifestyle that I had not yet realized would not translate over to life in the states. Long story short, I couldn’t afford the payments on the Z with all of the other costs that were now coming out of pocket. So here I am now, stuck with a 240 and no 350Z anywhere over the horizon. I was so distraught at this point that I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. FML right…?

So May 2011 finally rolls around and I decided that I was just going to keep the 240 and build it into a decent little skid car. I had no idea which direction I wanted to go with the build; I figured I’d just make it up as I went along.

Back on the Grind:

First order of business was to get the damn thing painted. I just wanted it to be one color so I could drive it and not feel like an asshole. I went to 1 day paint, picked out a color that I liked, and got the car painted. I don’t know why more 240 owners don’t do this. The whole job was just over $500 and it makes your car look decent enough to drive.

Early September arrives and I decided that I was going to keep the car stock body and try to build it using a Navan kit with a kouki rear bumper setup. Navan wasn’t cheap at all so something had to give. I decided to sell the Meisters. I was convinced that the XD-9’s would be my final wheels for the build.

Here they are on my homie Luigi’s kouki S14.

Well, by the end of the month I found a set of wheels online that I was really looking at. They would require me to go wide body, but I just couldn’t decide if I wanted to do that or not. I ended up showing the wheels to one of my co-workers. He gave me the old, “you won’t do it, you’re not down.” Less than 30 minutes later I pulled the trigger and sent a payment to VR Wheels.

Front – 18x10 +0
Rear – 18x12 -7