View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 04:42 PM   #6
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Life Changes:

Shortly after getting into the JZ build, the fate of my career path was revealed to me. I was going to be medically retired from the military after only 10 years of service. My anxiety combined with the medications I was taking made me “non-deployable.” I had 90 days of leave saved up, so even though I wouldn’t be getting separated until late September 2013 I would stop working in July. Once again my car was going to have to take a backseat to life. At this point, though, I knew that I was going to see this build through to the end. I see a lot of people that have to abandon their builds due to family/personal troubles and I didn’t want that to happen to me. The 240 was my DD so it didn’t make sense to get rid of it; I just needed to wait.

Between not working and looking for jobs I decided to do hoodrat stuff. By that I mean I spent most of my time helping my homie build up his car to get it track ready. My family still hadn’t returned from Japan, they had ended up extending their stay to a total of 10 months so that my wife could work and my daughter could attend school. I couldn’t do anything else with my car so I took pictures instead.

I spent the majority of my terminal leave playing Final Fantasy XIV and looking for work. By the time September rolled around I still had no job. My wife and daughter returned from Japan in October, it was so nice to see them again. It wasn’t until the end of December that I secured a job at the Veteran’s Affairs hospital in Las Vegas as a Biomedical Electronics Technician. I was so happy that I had finally secured another means of supporting my family. Three months without my regular wages really put a hurt on my bank account; I wasn’t going to be able to spend anything on the car until I could rebuild my funds.