View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 09:41 PM   #102
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
We're still not back on the road yet, but getting close! Got the entire rear harness, roof harness, and most of the dash harness unwrapped, rerouted some connections, combined the trunk harness with the left rear body harness, and rewrapped in new tesa tape. Now everything is looking good as new and working perfectly. The factory navigation I added is finished up as well and seems to be working great.

Still have to do the door harnesses and front body harness and then wiring will be done!

In doing all of that I've come to absolutely love Nissan's junction boxes, they make adding circuits soooo easy.
These things are a stack of 6, 4 pin connectors that snap together, with any of these colored caps that mate to the pin connectors.
Depending on the color cap you can have any number of combinations of connections.

Next up was to get the brake lights working, the Q50 has 2 switches on the pedal and luckily the S13 brake pedal is also built for 2 switches.
Unfortunately mine only came with one, so I notched out the shaped hole to fit the grey stop light switch and black locking tab, and welded another bit of metal to mirror what was already on the brake pedal, added bumper stops and it's good to go.

Next up I had the idea that my Q50 backup camera could go in the unused keyhole, since my trunk latch is now electronic.

Just had to grind the little lip off the back side of the center light so the lens would stick out. Ended up making a few revisions to the model but 2 or 3 PETG prints later and I ended up with a pretty good view angle and fit.
I might revise it again later to angle down and poke it out the hole a little more.

Last up is something I just finished today, mounting the Q50 turn signals to the S13 column. I debated using the S13 turn signal switches since mine are brand new, but it just didn't seem worth the effort since I would need to adapt the Q50 angle sensor encoder and clock spring anyway for my electric power steering to work.

So I got back into NX and fired up my printer, first PETG version worked awesome, both tabs locked right into the column and clamped on nice and tight. I ended up breaking the tab after I took it off and flexed it with my thumb a few times a little too hard.

Version 2 I just ditched the spring tab since the thing was split at the bottom anyway and it flexes open enough to slip over the column. Added a few revisions so it fit even better and made the clock spring perfectly concentric, and success!

Next order of business is going to be figuring out what to do with the A/C & heater boxes, I want the Q50 dual zone system, but as you can see below, it's going to be a challenge to stuff into the S13, might have to print custom housings.

projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote