View Single Post
Old 06-18-2023, 08:44 PM   #108
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
It's been a while so here's a quick update on some neat things I've been working on.

So now all of the Q50 body harness is in the chassis, rerouted some wiring and wrapped up the rest of the front engine bay harness.

I ended up CAD and printing my own flexible TPU wiring boots to fit the new harness and firewall. It took several iterations but I finally ended up on a split design that is very slim so it doesn't catch the tires and holds the wiring where I want it while being water tight.

While I was at it I made a bunch of plugs and grommets for the rest of the engine bay as well.

There was also the matter of my main power wiring, I had my battery relocated to the rear seats but decided to pick up a Braille b3121 and put in the front (largest battery that would clear the intake piping, air filter will be under the battery).
This meant extending a whole wad of main power wires since the G/Q/Z all have the battery next to the firewall.

These all got crimped and soldered, shrink wrap and lots of tape to make sure I have no future issues here.

And now that the body wiring is in, interior can finally go back in!

Also means other fun little printed parts that no one will ever see, like a bracket to hold this keyless entry sensor in the correct position so things like TPMS will hopefully work.

Decided to install one of the map lights my S13 never came with, I'll add some LED's eventually. This was also a good place to hide the OEM navigation microphone, just had to make some small cuts inside and drill 2 tiny holes.

Finally picked up a new 3d scanner last week, it's been a HUGE help in making things that previously were very difficult or impossible, like this adapter from the original wiper motor to the Q50 wiper motor, while maintaining correct geometry for operation.

And the one I'm REALLY exciting about, the bracket to house my nav knob and USB inputs in the center console.

projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote