View Single Post
Old 08-21-2023, 01:06 PM   #117
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
Lots of work completed but haven't had the time to document the updates.

Here's one that I'm sure will help some people out though, made a popup headlight motor subharness.

Sketched this schematic below so anyone in the future can easily make the same thing.

After checking out the S13 schematics I threw some wires on the popup motors to check operation.

Tested a few different options and came up with this setup, since marker lights have to be on before headlights, they activate the circuit, then low beams activate the UP motor circuit.

Down motor circuit is default when headlights are off, and markers off cuts power to everything.
I did have one issue where shutting off the lights too quickly left the popups up with the standard blue Nissan relay, that's when I swapped to a BU-509TD relay, it keeps the circuit active for another few seconds after marker lights are shut off so the motors can close.

I think this can be done using the 3&4 outputs from the popup motors and some diodes as well, but I'm not tearing into the harness again.

This may not work for everyone, I'm running bixenon HID so low beams are always on, high beams only trigger the shield. I also didn't integrate the popup up/down button because I don't think it's necessary, and would mean running more wires through the whole dash harness.

Anyway, had this extra Q50 relay box lying around and found a little fuse holder from a newer Nissan LEAF that worked perfectly.

Also very unhappy that I had to fork over $40 shipped for these 2 plugs from wiringspecialties, because no one would cut them off for a reasonable price and they don't really come on anything else in a junkyard.

Then to fit the Bosch style BU509TD relay I CAD up this little adapter for the Nissan fuse boxes, it's on thingiverse now if anyone else needs it.

projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote