View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #19
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
It's a rare case but still written in military law.
There must be some extent of due process given though. Just an accusation will not be justified in taking someones life. Obviously, and even in the rare case, it must be investigated.

Quote:
Can you think of a scenario where it would violate civil rights?
Docking pay? If you are payed less/docked more than white counterpart for no other reason than being Black. Or male/female.

Quote:
When was the last time you heard a sevicemen have to use his penis in their job? However if a male has a malformation/no discernable penis/multiple sexual organs he'd be denied entry.
What? Not quite sure what you are trying to get at. But having a medical issue that prohibits you from serving is perfectly legal. If you have severe asthma, doubtful you will be cleared by medical to go through basic. There is nothing wrong with that. There most likely exist some legal standard to judge that by as well.

Quote:
I was a little vague. I meant physical training requirements. women can be slower with less upper body and abdominal stength and share the same career field with men who have been required to perform to a higher standard. Why? This is a requirement to be a member and must be completed initially and bi-annually(not sure for every branch).
The amount of pushups has no bearing on being a soldier. Minimum physical require do exist. That is to ensure that the physical level is needed. Obviously, women have a different standard as they are genetically different then men. However, like everything in this world, exceptions exist. However, in a general sense, the requirements are "equal" in the sense that measure the amount of physical activity required to complete basic. It is not a higher standard, more of just takes the men more to achieve the same standard that is set for the women. Make sense?

Quote:
There is a barrage of differences between the military and civilian life. I personally am just worried overall that this generation's qualms with unfairness will have more serious repercussions than foreseen(not just military, all encompassing).

I appreciate the inisghts.
Our military is only getting better and stronger do to all the "unfairness." We have all races, religions, etc. in the military because we deemed "unfair" (unconstitutional) to exclude them from service. Yes, the military must account for it actions more now then ever, but explain to me why that would ever be bad thing? Why would anyone want to fight for something, they themselves, are not allowed to have (rights that is).
ineedone is offline   Reply With Quote