View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 05:24 AM   #30
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
2 tours. 2 branches. aviation mechanic. May or may not be serving presently. With my posts I'm sure you understand my vagueness.

As many classes as I've had on UCMJ, military law, etc. I hope I know at least a little bit about the way things work.

My only real concern is that the standard that's been established long before my time will begin to erode because of the egg shells we're being required to walk on.

DADT revoked will have repercussions and I don't how servere they will be but I do know that if its declared unconstitutional there will be no reversing it if things go poorly. I don't care about gays serving in the military but I'd want to hear about it really. I'm no more comfortable listening to a gay man's private affairs than a straight man's. I don't want to hear about any of it and now there will be nothing I can do about any of it. Because if I complain to my supervisor I'm likely to be repremanded.

As far as civilians weighing in. I don't mind. I like the perspective but at the same time its like California weighing in on Arizona's thoughts on the border in a way. You saw how the first two posts in the thread went lol. I didn't realize that the general populous thinks servicemen are above the law.

I fear change in the Military. I hate to see _______(insert word) sensitivity impair the military like it has the nation. I'm not so ignorant as to not see that much change has occurred in years past. I just like the idea of military being a model for the nation and not the other way around.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote