Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #104
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokrigo View Post
what brand is the manifold exhaust?, its t3?, do you have a web page will i can to buy?.

thank
I am running a Peakboost manifold, modified to work on the VE head. They are no longer a company, but full-race, Mazworx, Doc race, etc can all fabricate a manifold for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20_2NR View Post
i'm usually a reader and not a poster but this thread deserves my first post.

unbelievable work! i plan to do a similar VE build in my s14 zenki to a lesser degree. your build has given me hope and motivation.

i like everything you've done in this build, very clean! keep it up and i'm definitely looking forward to seeing it done and seeing a start up/dyno vid!

ps: did you have to run a spacer in between the crank pulley and the crank in order to run the VE oil pump?
Thanks for the kind words... I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing it on the dyno too.

Yes, there is a pump collar spacer needed for the VE pump. I can't remember the exact thickness of it, but I would call Mazworx and ask them.

Over the past few days I have been installing my Aerocatch hood pin/latch setup. I utilized one of the factory holes in the radiator support so no new holes had to be drilled. I will tell you this, it is an extremely time consuming mod. I measured multiple times in many different directions to get them spaced and located evenly on the hood.

Once I finished up the holes and mounting the latches I pushed the car outside to get the garage cleaned up a little bit. So I decided to snap a few pictures of the engine bay in natural light.

I'm still waiting on my harness and EMS to come in. Hopefully my seats will be done soon and I can get them back. I have yet to finish my wiring on the relocation of my fuse box, but I'll get around to it when I get a chance. As always, thanks for looking.