View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 10:20 AM   #9
Danb
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Danb is an unknown quantity at this point
5 year update. Man time has flown by and so much has happened. Me and the wife parted ways, moved to an apartment, to a house and now just finished relocating to GA for a new job. The 240 has been coming along little by little until recently, I've been making a lot of progress.

I will try to layout everything that has been done in timeline with the last post.

Finished up tearing down the chassis to the point where i could take it and have the cage done. I bought some seats and rails prior so the cage guy could get my seating position.

Very happy with the cage, the fitment is about the best you could ask for

I didn't touch the car for about a year and a half after this point while i was living in an apartment but i did end up buying the S14 from above from my buddy during that time. He swapped in a KA-T but the car needed some finishing touches. This was my 1st car when i was 16 back in 2004. It's a really nice feeling having it back

I bought a Navan kit for it(KBD/Forceworks) but have the OEM navan spoiler, just test fitted some of the pieces here. I finished up the issues with the engine and got it running good and also bought some wheels for it.

I finally bought a new house and started working the day after I moved in. I was about to take the S14 to paint and then had a change of heart. I decided I would rather have the car more like an restoration/OEM+ build so I sold everything off of it besides the Navan stuff and wheels, decided to use those on the S13. I put the S14 in storage for a nice project later in life after the S13. I have been collecting OEM parts for the S14 for a quite a while now, it is going to be a real nice car when I get going on it.

Final resting spot for this old girl for a while

Now that the S14 was out of the way, I went and dug out the S13 where it had been sitting for almost 2 years and wasted no time getting back to work on it.

I needed a workbench, so I came up with this idea and it works. A steel table would be ideal for a lot of the fab work

I ran across a yard sale post on FB and noticed some headlights on a table, turns out they were 100% perfect bricks. This old lady's son brought them back from Japan while he was in the Airforce a long time ago but never used them and left them in her garage. She listed them as "Spyder Crystal Headlights", anyways I paid $400 bucks for them. Her daughter had looked online and thought they were 97-98 240sx headlights