View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 02:53 PM   #15
Danb
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Danb is an unknown quantity at this point
Once I finished up the firewall, I wanted to finish sealing up the car around the quarter panels. I filled the C pillars and quarter panels with fire retardant foam and then made some panels. I will seam seal all of it before the car goes for paint, it should be a really clean look.

My panels came in finally. I had bought rear overs 2nd hand so was only waiting on the front fenders and the kit but I will wait to fit everything until i finish everything else. I decided against running the origin rear overs because the fenders were just a bit tweaked so i recently placed an order for the 2F rear overs. I am hoping fitment will be better plus I do not need the fuel door opening that the origin/origin styles have

I bought this S13 that has been treated very poorly prior to me owning and the bottom of it is caked in oil/grease/mud along other things that need addressed. I can't look past creating a great car and having the bottom of it in such terrible shape and I am not laying on my back while being covered in it all as I clean/fix and get some new coating on it. I kept an eye out for a cheap solution, tried renting a rotisserie but couldn't locate one. I ended up finding a homemade one for dirt cheap and made it into something i could use. The S13 is just about ready to go up in the air and get a new coating on the bottom side.

I am details guy so no way I could use this thing without cleaning it up

I took a new job in Carrollton, GA so had to pause everything so I could move. I just got settled and started working on the car again about a week ago. I made a large amount of profit off my house I just sold so should be able to get this car finished. I placed the last parts order yesterday that's needed to assemble the car, I'll try to get a breakdown of the build sheet soon

I haven't payed much attention to my wheels in a while but having them outside just makes me remember why I chose them

I decided to not use my silvia hood because I really do not want to destroy it and also, I like the option of going with a hood that has some vents to help with heat management. I posted it up for trade and linked up with a guy in SC that had a charge speed hood so now I have that

Put the car on stands again and sold off the entire suspension minus the steering rack. I have an S14 rear subframe and a THL front crossmember going back in its place once I get the chassis off the rotisserie. I also went ahead and put the swap in with my R33 subframe just to take some measurements of some things I needed to know

This brings the build to its current state, have a few small welding projects to finish up. Hoping to have it on the rotesserie in a month.

Last edited by Danb; 04-26-2022 at 05:59 PM..
Danb is offline   Reply With Quote