View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 10:06 AM   #32
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Alrighty, took a week or so to get the garage cleared out enough to set it up how I wanted it for now. Ordered a few misc. pieces to finish up my project and get to work doing some small stuff while I wait.

Shout out to FRSport for shipping my parts to NC instead of CO and not responding to like 3 emails or picking up their phone after I'd placed the order...so there's that. Glad the new owner of the house was cool enough to hold on to the one package that got delivered by usps even though i have my mail being forwarded here.

Bought a new daily. Haven't owned one since high school, been itching to get a trail rig because there are hundreds of places to go out here. It was too good of a deal, 3" lift, leather interior, and the only one I could find without 200K+ miles that didn't cost an arm & leg.

Alright, back to 240s. Smashed some new ARP studs in my front hubs. Still got the fronts to do.

Then I got to work on the z32 vlsd I've had sitting in a corner for the past decade. Only put about 1000 miles on it before I broke an axle and couldn't find another 5 bolt axle so I swapped it back out and there it sat since 2008. Glad I opened it up instead of just a drain/fill; fluid was disgusting.

Then I hot-boi'd it with some new paint

Friend came in clutch with some axles. I knew I wanted to break down and refresh whatever I found, so it worked out great that one of them had a blown out cover plate and ripped boot. He gave me a set of z32s for spare parts.

Can't find my brass punches so I can't take apart the outer joint to clean. Waiting on boots anyways, so not a huge deal. I gotta pull the open diff out to weld so my buddy can have a spare diff for No Coast at the beginning of September....should be a party!

Last edited by crash n' burn; 07-31-2018 at 11:26 PM..
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote