View Single Post
Old 04-25-2023, 05:43 AM   #23870
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
For the first time in the 10 years I've owned my S13, this weekend it started giving me weird ebrake issues. Stock cables, PMU pads, GK tech seahorses, spin turn knob. It seems when drifting and using the handbrake at higher speeds (anything top of 2nd or faster) the handle almost locks itself in place (brakes engaged), which can be very sketchy when using it entering on a bank, which is how my home track is setup. I need to swiftly divert my attention to jostling/forcing it down, which is a pretty bad situation with multiple cars right behind you following your line.

I know it's not the knob pulling out because when this started happening, I made sure to only use the brake with my hand holding the button in (which is what the spin turn knob is supposed to prevent me having to do, but using it this way at least confirms it's not the spin turn knob causing the issue) and it didn't help the issue at all.

In my eyes, the culprit could either be the handle, cables, or calipers. I want to rule out the cables as they seem least likely to fail like this. I am leaning towards it being sticking calipers rather than the handle since speed seems to affect it, and I'm not really sure how the handle could lock anything given the spring is deactivated.

Anyone have input given my essay?
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote