View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 12:06 PM   #32
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
Figured i'd give an update on this maybe it'll help someone else. So i have been running some sti 550cc injectors (the yellows) and i got them used and before installing them i just took them to an injector place, had them flow tested & cleaned, injectors checked out and they were fine for a few years. After jumping hurdles making sure timing was right, going over my cooling system a billion times I had a hunch MAYBE just maybe an injector is sticking/clogged or something causing a cylinder to get hotter than the others. Usually most ppl don't find out until it's too late. I got some 750cc injectors, installed them and my temps dropped A LOT. Before, I'd warm the car up, drive it around and if i get on it a bit back then it'd jump up from 170F to like 200F pretty quick maybe in the course of 15-20mins. Now with the new injectors I followed the same process, let the car warm up to operating temps, drove it around, did a few sweepers here n there and temps just stayed around 170F. So I guess it was the old injectors maybe gunked up or something.