View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 08:10 AM   #5
na6miata

Trader Rating: (0)
na6miata is an unknown quantity at this point
And now for the hatch. This one I have owned for about a week at this point and I am honestly not too sure what route I want to take with this car quite yet. Having just sold my BRZ yesterday, I am now daily driving this car and sending it out to paint in about 2 and a half weeks once the rest of the aero is on.

First things first was a quick mock up of everything
OEM bumper, waiting on the fender extensions to show up and the side brackets to the fender

The person who bought my coupe had a set of type X tails that I bought off of him and threw them on, just needs the RPS center garnish to go with it

Wing was next, I have had this laying around since my first hatch just waiting for when I got another

The side skirts I had stolen from my Silvia to use on this car since I am working with a deadline and couldn't get a set of good quality side skirts in the time I need them. The deadline being Vibes drift in Lake Erie, PA at the end of June.

Last pieces of the puzzle are the rear valences which should be here later today and the fender extensions, then off to paint it goes

The car does already have a built KA in it and I do have plans in the future to do a basic KA-T setup on the car using a lot of the hand-me-down parts from the Silvia which I have changed most of the parts from my original setup on that car. Since I just built a new engine harness for the Silvia based around a new Haltech Elite ECU, this car is going to get my old Haltech Sprint ECU when that time comes. Made a quick jumper harness for it. Just need to test it and make sure it works properly and then epoxy the base.

And the new dash for the Silvia is wired in!

Currently using the Haltech mount with the integrated visor, but I'm not the biggest fan of it and Mako Motorsports has this mount that replaces the factory cluster
https://www.makomotorsport.com/colle...luster-mount-0

Lastly, need to figure out a different exhaust for the hatch. Had a hanger break off on the way to work today and this exhaust was already way too loud. Need to figure out what exhaust is low car friendly and not burst my ear drums on my 25 minute drive to work. Leaning towards the HKS Sport catback but not sure how low car friendly it is going to be.
na6miata is offline   Reply With Quote