View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 09:36 AM   #18
na6miata

Trader Rating: (0)
na6miata is an unknown quantity at this point
So I end up falling into this bad habit of lying to myself when building a car and keeping it simple. Originally, I was going to be using a lot of the old components from my SR to keep it fairly simple and do a bottom mount setup. That was until I got a message saying that Jon at Future Fabrication could get me a manifold done pretty quickly for the timeline I was looking for. I placed the order for the manifold last Thursday, and exactly one week later I got it in

I can't speak highly enough of the quality of these manifolds. Fantastic price ($849 shipped), excellent build quality, and he got it to me about as fast as I could get a cheap bottom mount manifold. I've used a handful of these manifolds in the past, mostly for 2J applications, but they have always impressed.

As for the rest of the setup, it is still mostly parts I had laying around. The old intercooler kit from my Silvia is being used, this GTX2867R turbo I had sitting in a bin in my garage with a TiAL v-band exhaust housing that was sitting on the shelf at work.

Starting to think I might be going a bit overkill for what was supposed to be a basic seat time car/daily driver. It's been good as a daily, just a minor issue every now and then. Had my fuel pump relay crap out on me not too long ago, thankfully I had a spare one in the car. Other than that, car has been solid.

na6miata is offline   Reply With Quote