View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #1274
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Wheelrite - Wheel & Tire Simulator by Percy's High Performance, Percy's High Performance, PCY-01201 - Tuner Tools, the inside line $103.83 shipped. Nothing beats having the proper tool so you can get the most exact information you need.

Home | Wheel App Plus | Tire Size Calculator, Wheel Offset Comparison, Create Car Profiles in your Showroom - iPhone App.

With the tool, use the stock OEM wheel as the baseline. Then once you have the tool set up, simply measure your distance to, say, 1/2" from the spring/coil over/suspension that is the closest to interfering and you have your widest inner measurement. Invert it to go as far as you dare to the innermost fender lip(you are using this for a DD so no hellaflush or super wide track set ups).
With either 17" or 18"(18's are heavier, like wearing boots in wet sand) you can go 9" wide or 9j(this from the real experts here). On the tires, look hard at the Yokohama Advan S.4. Yes they cost a little more, BUT what they have that the other's don't is a rounder profile on the sidewall(this allows better clearance on the inner fender lip or suspension spring plates if your wheel and tre combo is UNDER clearancing the spring base plate. If you are worried about overall sprung/unsprung weight also consider the General AS-03 tire. It weighs about three pounds a tire less than the others that will fit(Federel, Yokohama, BFG, GY, Bridgestone/Firestone, Maxxis, etc). Remember, sprung weight of tire and wheel, if less, allow quicker acceleration and deceleration.
Hope this all helps.

I'm pretty jelly because I am still waiting for the damn insurance people to stop lowballing the value of my car and fix it. Top line, Kyushu manufactured cars(total production for '96 7333 cars, that is base model to top line sport tuned SE's) with vLSD, spoiler and side skirt gravel guard package, and sport tuned suspension cars are now, for '96 on the rarer side of the market and value has risen over the last 6 months for a good, crackless dash, above average car to around $6500. A base model '95 in above average is running $4500, and above average kouki's are going for $7000 to $8000 at dealerships/private parties across the country. Freakin market test shows an overall increase in selling price for these cool litttle rides to be about $1000 in the last couple months