View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 10:01 PM   #1
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Need help with making new brake lines and Fuel lines

Hello friends,

I've never had to mess with OEM lines before so this is a new one for me. I am gathering as much info as I can before I attempt this.

Basically, I need to move the fuel lines, and brake line, from the passenger side of my 240sx to the driver side. I've seen the videos of how to use the flare tool for the brake line, that parts seems straight forward.

The rest is a bit daunting. I see hundreds of different kinds of fittings and sizes. I read that a 240sx uses "M10x1" brake line? Is that something I can get off the shelf at a local store (in along enough length to go from the back of the car to the BMC) Or will I need a custom length from somewhere (where is the place to buy, and what size ?) pls

How does it look behind the fuel tank? I See they run behind the tank and I am willing to drop the tank, but I have no idea whats under there yet. I have yet to drop a 240sx fuel tank, never needed to before.

I see they sell this line
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OE-Zinc-Auto...VW6D4C&vxp=mtr

For the fuel line this seems adequate? Bend it where I want it, how am I going to bracket to the frame rail? I would never use a self tapper.

As for the brake line- no clue. Searching m10x1 in ebay no results. What should I look for? Spoon feed pls
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links