View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 02:47 PM   #142
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
MId season update:
Just about to crest 4,000 miles since the spring, and more or less only been putting gas and oil in the car, which is a great feeling. If you follow me on instagram, its a lot of stories of me driving it and drinking starbucks.

Every year, I try to do small projects that make me appreciate the car a bit more, and hopefully will continue my desire to drive it as much as possible for as long as possible. Sometimes, i'm not always a grumpy old man.

I redyed my back seats black. They had faded since I had initially done it about 2 years ago, and its a simple - low cost rainy day project.

Lastly, I ditched the purple steering wheel bolts and drift button in favor of black. Having black/black in my 350z made it an easy decision.

The hardware that came with my LRB speed vent has always bothered me, so that got swapped out for black countersunk bolts as well.

I've really been lacking on audio upgrades. The infinity speakers I purchased in 2015 had served their purpose, and I got a screaming deal on 4 Alpine Type-R 6.5" Coaxial speakers. Amazon has their own sound deadening as well for C H E A P. I was able to both doors, the rear deck lid, the backside of the backseat, and have leftover for right around $60.

I was also put on to the Alpine power pack KTP-445A which is a 4 channel amp that adds 45 watts RMS to the speakers, and plugs directly into the back of an alpine head unit, and chassis harness. It lives directly behind my radio, and is worth every penny.

Since all of my other vehicles have subwoofers, it was time for the 240 to get the same treatment. I bought one of these JBL Basspro Hubs for the 350z, as it is designed to sit in the factory spare tire and I liked the idea that it was powered by a built in AMP, and didn't take up much room. Unfortunately, I had a few obstacles in the 240: I utilized that area for spare parts / tools / spacers / jumper cables. And I had removed the factory spare tire mounting bracket to maximize this space. So I had to come up with some simple ideas to feel like the compromise was worth it:

Firstly, the center of the spare tire well is raised quite a bit, and that was going to make my false floor sit directly on the sub by about 3". So I spent 30 minutes massaging it with every hammer / mallet I own. Before:

After:

I had posted an IG story of me smashing it with a hammer, and it was quite comical some of the responses I got from non-240 owners who don't make common practice of hitting their car with hammers.

Dry fit (No wires, etc)

I was able to obtain this folding crate from work, where I bought some d-rings and a strap from amazon, and simply bolt the d-rings to the false floor to hold all of the things that were in my spare tire well. I am very happy with the overall outcome of this project. And, this thing bumps WAY HARDER in the 240 than the Z. I assumed the open trunk area of the Z would be an advantage, but I was mistaken.

I was at Lock City Drift one day hanging out, and Raf (@spanishenglish on IG) wanted some photos of me / my car for his "Stand by your ride" project. I am very lucky and thankful for this opportunity. Thanks Raf!

tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote