View Single Post
Old 12-09-2023, 02:34 PM   #146
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
This year was a pretty good one. Did about 7,000 miles on the coupe.

Driving to work one morning and I see some smoke / steam coming from under the hood. I pull over and grab my fire extinguisher just in case, but can't find anything conclusive. When I get to work I do some more investigating. Looks to be a power steering leak. When I get home, I discover my rack had shit out. Luckily Faction Motorsports had me a new k-fab rack within 2 days.

There was this one bump on my way to work that would make the rear of the car make a horrible noise. I assumed one of my coilovers was blown as I intended to replace them this winter anyways, and one day I took the wheel off to investigate. This is not what I was expecting to see.

I was very fortune that a local friend had a pair of rears he gave to me for free. Car was only down for about 2 days.

Driving one day and I feel like the car is getting louder. Low and behold, the wastegate runner had cracked, so brought that over to Travis for some welding and gusseting:

Also, cheat code: boost leak tester is also an exhaust leak tester. Stop burning your hands feeling around.

Toward the end of the year, I try to do some burnouts and kill the rear tires. I was midburnout, in 2nd gear between 6-7K RPM and noticed I lost oil pressure. I was able to baby the car home, but it knocks at about 3K RPM. I dumped the oil and saw the inevitable sparkle in the oil and knew. I was able to grab another KA from a friend for a decent deal ( in todays market) and have internals on the way. That will get built, while I tear mine down and see if I can just bearing slap it for a spare. I pulled my engine last night, bought an Artec manifold on Black Friday, and i'll be going with one of the new Turbosmart 5862 Turbos when the time comes. I got 43K miles out of this engine, and im not mad, more annoyed cause its just not fun.

Clutch was shot too:

Anyways, heres some nice photos of the car from this year taken by others. Thanks for lookin, see ya in the spring.

tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote