View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 02:54 AM   #2
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Totally forgot I had started a build thread on this forum, so i'll just be copy/pasting from the other forum i'm on.

I don't have too many pics of the motor when the pan was off, but the hone marks were still fresh on the cylinder walls, and it looks like a very healthy motor. One thing that disappointed me was that after I did a bit of research i realized that I had picked up a bit of a lemon. The firebird donor car was originally a V6 that had a 98 corvette LS1 (according to the casting number). Not really a lemon, i guess, but there were so many improvements on the LS from 99-04 that I was kind of kicking myself for not doing more research prior to picking up the motor set.

I went with the fueled kit, and wow. Top quality stuff from those guys, and if there ever was an issue, then Todd was super helpful.

ran into a bit of trouble with this pickup tube not sitting flush with the pan. sent a message to Todd and he shipped a new one out right away.

new one sits much better

oil pan stud kid is boss!

looked like a good time to switch out the clutch/pressure plate and flywheel

it's good to have friends!

yeah, that thing didn't fit. switched to a stock shifter, going to change to an MGW shifter down the road.

clearance looks good to me!

going to be adding some heat shielding material between the header collecters and floor pan.

I tried ordering some DEI header wrap but they won't ship to california.
just one more thing that makes me miss Texas.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote