View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #314
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGLX View Post
im not talking about adapting to anything big, but 1/16" toe doesnt seem like it would make any difference anyways. Having a set of tires last a whole extra event is alot of money saved. considering used r-comps last about 3-4 events anways. I would rather budget and save money on tires when i could spend that extra money saved on more seat time than just more suspension adjustments and the results of them. make sense?

for instance i went 2 years without changing my entire suspension setup because i wanted to conentrate on my driving rather then modifying the car. That why i have 36+ track days under my belt and i am an instructor this year, if i spent all my time and money replaceing parts that could have been saved i would have half the time by now, and probobly still wouldnt be that intune with my car.
It's funny, you think exactly like a I think a driving instructor should (all about the driving), and I think like a pit mechanic should (all about the car). I really do need to concentrate a bit more on the driving, but I have been a pit mechanic my whole life so I just can't bring myself to ignore the car. I think you might be surprised at how much of a difference 1/16" can make. And I would probably be a bit surprised at how much saying fuck the car and just driving it for a while can make. As soon as I finish the projects that I already have started I think I am going to do that for a while.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote