View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #316
ESCALVANTE
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ESCALVANTE is making a name for him/her selfESCALVANTE is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ESCALVANTE
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
With that amount of caster in the front I think you should DEFINITELY run more camber. I also think 1/16" total toe in in the rear would help the car off the corners. I am running 7* caster, 2.8* camber, 0 toe in the front; and 2* camber, 1/16" total toe in, and 1/4" shorter trac arms in the rear. Shortening the trac arms seemed to help the car off the corners a LOT even though I reduced the total toe in by half (I used to run 1/8" total toe in in the rear). I also added about 1/2* more caster in the front and .2* less camber to help cure my very slight understeer problem at turn in and it seemd to work, but I really need to go back to the streets to confirm it.
I can second a lot of what is being said in this post. My alignment specs are as follows:

Front Specs:
2.5 degrees camber
6.0 caster degrees on left/6.5 caster degrees on right
toe in total: 1/16 inches
Rear Specs:
3.0 degrees camber
toe in total 3/16

I used to run less aggressive settings but my car was oversteering on corner exit and squirrelly during braking. My camber was about .5" degrees less front and back which made me ride my tire sidewalls at ButtonWillow. With these settings I have pretty much fixed the problems and the car is much more stable.
ESCALVANTE is offline   Reply With Quote