View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #15076
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Just get solid bushings you twat. The factory subframe isn't "heat treated" and people have been doing them forever with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
People have been doing all sorts of incorrect things forever.

It's rather ironic that you're chamipining doing things the right way..... but totally okay with doing it the absolute wrong way, and burning out press-fit bushings.

If the subframe's not heat treated, it's because you fucked it up with a blowtorch. ALL steel is inherently heat treated, how it's heated and how it cools effects it's ductility, brittleness, elasticity, fatigue, etc.

I bet you also blowtorch your suspension bolts, and reuse them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Seems logical, just like your hypothesis that oil vapor doesn't dilute your octane rating and your claim that AKI and Octane are two completely different things. You're a fucking idiot, plain and simple, no reason to get butthurt about it, it's inherently bred into you.

Here's an idea, buy the parts you need and take a weekend fix your POS.
Octane=family of chemicals. AKI = anti-knock index.

Guess that's just bred into me. But unlike you, I've got shit to do, and won't have more than a few hours at a time for months, while needing my car daily.

According to technotoy tuning, their collars contact the metal rings on both sides of the bushings. Going to try them, and if they are not preforming well at the end of the semester when I've got the time, I'll press in hard rubber or aluminium.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote