View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 04:25 PM   #304
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Nothing? I just have a t3 manifold.

Now my only concern is if the internal gate turbos will even fit and have room for a downpipe with their longer turbine housing, when installed on a non-EFR specific manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Short answer: Good luck lol! The turbo exterior measurements are on the BW website. Take a look and measure.

What manifold do you have?? And I wouldn't be so caught up on making things fit because that is what you have. It's seems like the cheap way initially, but you stand a good chance of spending so much time and potentially $$$ on making everything else fit to accommodate. I would sell and get the correct manifold and turbo as you wanted.

Trust me: Been there, done that. Def can get you very good deals on both brand new from FR. If I were in your shoes, I would go 7163 and not the 7064 regardless of if I could afford it or not. By the time you add you buying a 7064 (which is on par with a 7163 price wise), and modify the turbine housing (which is another few hundred), then you could have just sold your current manifold, by the correct manifold and turbo, and be in it for about the same as using your current setup and modifying the exhaust housing. In addition, if it does not fit or you have to modify a litany of items you need to move around the bay or it sits too close to your brake booster, you are back to square one. I did the same research when I wanted to go from a T3 ( I had a FR manifold at the time, and was dead keen on keeping it lol) to a twin scroll T4, and it all led back to just buying the correct parts.

P.S My 7163 is now sold. Sorry you missed out
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote