View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 04:48 PM   #75
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
I feel like im on the same page as Jo_Galezo. Most of my photographer buddies who do pretty good work but nothing "commercial" all have regular jobs. Me and my coworker work at Fedex Office, he has buddy who is an express driver. Guy who runs my meet works in some type of brand development or something. Great with web design and graphics and another buddy who I said earlier is doing his own studio soon.

I doubt I'd want to do this as a living in the future but who knows were you end up at the end of the day but my main focus right now is school. I busted my ass off the last three years to save and build my car so I want a break from my 9-5 in a sense.

My coworker when he wasn't as busy now with work would do mainly portrait and event photography. Was never paid hourly but like you said charge biased on the agree date/time along with extra stuff like equipment, make up and even number of outfit changes.

Im not unfamilar with how the industry work and the environment. Knew a lot that when I used to do music but unlike that im not sure where the right direction is to go from just hobby to getting paid for your work. There isnt much self promotion from what ive seen for music which you get promotion networks to show your music, free music on soundcloud and more promotion with collaborations with other artist.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote