View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 06:53 AM   #13
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
I think its time for a little bit of good news, and a lot of bad.

So we installed a new timing belt as I didn't know the condition of the old one.

At the same time we took off the cam covers as my friend wanted to see if the cams were stock or not. They were

He also showed me his latest 3D print. A funnel with thread that fits perfectly into the CA18DET. Its a really cool design, and he let me keep the prototype :P

When the covers were off the engine, i also painted the front

Next stop was to install the clutch and gearbox onto the engine. This was pretty simple and we almost didnt use a hammer

And it was dropped into the engine bay

I thought it was VERY close to everything, so i cant imagine how to get a RB in there

I quickly installed all the boring stuff around the engine

And found a small problem. Its the plug for the O2 sensor. New one have been ordered, so i just have to replace it when im in the mood

At this time, the engine was ready to be started, or so i thought. We disconnected the fuelpump and turned the key. Engine didnt do anything.
But after a bit of google search, we figured out that we need to shortcircuit a plug in the enginebay because it was original a automatic. This was done, and the engine turned just as it should

Video can be seen here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGpbLIsH..._web_copy_link

But... its not that simple.. it didnt create any oil pressure
Im happy that i didnt actually start the engine, it could have been bad. but again, i dont know the condition of the engine. A new oil pump have been ordered, so i hope that it would solve all problems.

In the meantime i started working on the interior.
Main thing was to pull new wires for speakers as previous owner didnt do a good job. Just look at this:

Anyway. I did put everything back together inside the car with only a few things needed to be done.

As you can see, im going for a rather simple interior. Unfortunally i need to install some gauges on the dashboard as theres a hole i want to cover. But its okay, i have a oil pressure gauge that can fit there

I also wired up the TypeX Kouki lights

One of the left lights dont work because its a EU model, and we dont have any wires going to that one. But ill change it in the near future.

I also worked a bit on the rear.
Started with the brakes. I hoped i just needed some new discs and pads, but both calipers were rusted so much i had to rebuild them.
Im still waiting for the rebuild kit, so i did clean and paint them in the meanwhile

We also did remove the rest of the Veilside bodykit and the spoiler. I dont know why, but EVERYTING in this car is held together with selftapping screws. Even the spoiler!
I removed the spoiler after drilling the selftappers out and found a small problem :/ More rust

Yet another moneypit

Rear bumper got removed, and theres only a small bit of rust behind, this i can accept :P

But behind right rearwheel theres a lot of rust. I didnt take pictures of it as i dont wanna be reminded of it. But hopeful i can find somebody who can fix it as a reasonable price.

Full bodykit is now removed and i put it for sale locally as i dont have any option to ship it out

Lastly, a couple of pictures of how the car sits now

And to finish it off, i got a set of Tein Super Street coilovers with the car. So a few days ago, I noticed there were missing a few things on them. So i contacted Tein in UK to ask for a parts list so i could order the parts. Just to find out that they are not available anymore. So now i also have to spend money on a new set of coilovers. Im already thinking about buying a set of Tein Street Basis Z to keep the car and cost down.
Jyttah is offline   Reply With Quote