View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 10:48 AM   #18
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Well... In the Christmas holidays i had a friend over to help me with the engine.
We replaced the main and rod bearings and he noticed that my crankshaft did have a little bit of scoring. But luckily i had a spare engine where we could take the crank from. This was in a lot better condition.
The old bearings weren't the worst, but after finding the oil squirters were damaged, we did not take any changes.

I still havent found a socket for the ARP headstud bolts, but im working on it. So the head sits loose on the engine.

I also had visit from another friend who have to weld the rust in the car.
We started last saturday where there only was -3 degree celsius in my workshop. So he only welded the hatch. It was way to cold.

While he was welding, I was fixing the wiring harness after previous owner fucked it up. So now i also have reverselight. Great success
Its really great to make the harness proper with the right tools instead of some buttconnectors and masking tape :P

And at my job we had tons of old seats laying around. So i scored a classic Recaro 229.41.1354
It needs a clean, and i have to pull power wires for it as its fully electronic adjustable :P

Jyttah is offline   Reply With Quote