View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #31
Sil-Eighty SE-K
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Sil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Eighty SE-K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtypex View Post
Stock pump works fine. Don't buy into forum gibber gabber. I'm sure this car isn't gonna be a 750hp racecar for a million dollar team. My 26 has tomei cams, hks gt-ss turbos, metal headgasket, arp headstuds, greddy timing belt, and forged pistons(only because the stock ones were moving around to much). 440whp. I track it all summer. If a 26 just came over from Japan with low miles all it needs is decent turbos, injectors, and good software for tuning. The engine will outlast the chassis. Promise. No reason to waste money on "FULLY BUILT YO!".
I'm not buying into forum gibber jabber
I have Been working on rb26s for the past 4 years and have a very intimate relationship with them
I have personally seen stock pump failures, n1 failures, and even a jun pump with a cracked outer gear
Don't try to school me on something I know this well.
He said in his own post he's shooting for 700hp do what difference does it make if it's a "race car for a million dollar team"
If that's the case he'd have a dry sumP

Look at his mod list he's spending alot of coin on forged internals and machine work. Why risk all the money over some silly like an oil pump?
$1500 on a tomei pump is well spent, you can sleep well at night and rev to 10k (balancing and valve train dependent)

What do you rev Ur rb to?
I goto 9k on my RB28 without even thinking twice
Sil-Eighty SE-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links