View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 11:50 AM   #17
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
that's awesome, fab work with welding a/c lines shouldn't be an issue as the maxima lines are available from autozone or the junkyard! I may recommend some fab work to my buddy who as been asking about getting this to work in my swapped fc too!
Tig welding the tubing should be good yea? When researching, some people stated the r134 could seep through over time but other were saying as long as the weld job is good, it shouldn’t leak. As it’s looking, I’ll probably have to do the welding as no one around me does brazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Is your car an r134a car? Because switching r12 cars to r134a doesn't cool as well as it should unless you upgrade the rest of the system.
Originally r12. Too my knowledge, just need to flush the system completely/replace anything you can’t flush and switch all o-rings to r134 specific ones, both of which I have already done. I actually recommend flushing if possible, the crap that came of out my condenser and evaporator was surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Can you provide more info on the compressor used? Was it a V6 Frontier or 4 cylinder? Part number? Did the KA ac lines match up to it or do you need custom made ac lines now?
Sure. All parts were ordered from Rockauto. The frontier and xterra use the same compressor I believe from 99-02, v6 btw. The lines I bought are from the frontier as well.

Four Seasons 68428 - Compressor
Four Seasons 56132 (low) and 55089 (high) - For the fittings on the ac compressor
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote