View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 02:45 PM   #98
canadians14sr20det

Trader Rating: (0)
canadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdeath View Post
Did you ever make those plans? I get the same vibration with a cd009 and turbo K24A2. After 4k rpm the chassis is vibrating pretty intensely, but flat out I cant notice it feel it.
Yeah that makes sense. Under full throttle the time you spend at that rpm is limited so the chassis has trouble getting into resonance, as well as the gear lash stays tighter inside the trans.

I did make the mount but it also wasn't a huge help (though it worked great free revving the engine). Under cruising load the vibrations are being transferred from the trans through the driveshaft to the rear end. I have solid subframe mounts so that probably isn't helping. Guessing most of the people on here have solid subframe mounts as well. Anyways, here's my design:

The rubber mounts on the side mount to aluminum L-brackets that bolt to the stock location. Like I said, works great with no load on the engine, just free-revving. Inspired by this jaguar mount design:

Since this still doesn't work under load I'm gonna try switching my subframe mounts from solid aluminum back to nismo rubber bushes. If that doesn't work I may try a carbon fiber driveshaft. I'd like to throw a dual mass flywheel on or a guibo on the driveshaft but both of those options would require crazy custom machining. Honestly I may say fuck it and go back to a 5 speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron
Trying it without the damper does not eliminate the damper - it simulates a really-bad-case (I only don't say worst because half a damper could be even worse... but worst possible, right?) damper damage scenario - it's highly inadvisable to rev it like that without a damper, even briefly.
I have no idea what you are talking about. There is no damper that is integral to the CD009.
canadians14sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote