View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 12:03 AM   #60
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki_s14 View Post
Dont get technical, the majority of members own 240s, same thing. But thats irrelevant
Haha sorry had to bust your balls on that. What do like two people on here own 240z's. lol

Quote:
Remember it's a Nissan 240sx and Z forum(apparently), so praising a Evo is getting you no where. I like Evos too, dont get me wrong, but i see the GTR in a whole other league. So comparing them makes no sense to me.
I brought the evo up in a 240 forum, sub nissan news forum, because I was comparing the evo to the gt-r. That is like me saying why are you bringing up the 911. The car needs to be compared against something other than a nissan, I just happen to think a built evo compares very well to the gt-r. Obviously many don't.

Quote:
Who said it had to be compared to an AWD in its price range? I think if people are comparing it to something like the 911, then that shows something about the car regardless of price.
The car needs to be compared to other cars we all know this and we all have different opinions on what to compare it to. I already listed the cars I would compare it to. I think price and AWD should be on the top of the list. I would not unlike a lot of others (magazines included) compare it to the 997tt. Performance is similar but the price is way too different. IMO not the best car to compare. I was in the market for a gt-r but no way in hell was I in the market for a 997tt.

Quote:
You can go ahead and do that, then show us how comfortable/luxurious it will be compared to the GTR.
Well it's going to be a stock interior evo. I think it's comfortable not luxurious. I will still be way under the 68k price so I could have custom leather, nav, stereo blah blah but that is not me. Why would you even want a gt-r lux? One of the reasons why it's 800 lbs heavier than a evo. It went lux which I really wish it didn't, but is a pro for some.

Quote:
Who said any of us needed to bring a family to the track? You're getting off topic here.
Just pointing out one of the pro's of the evo build vs gt-r just as you pointed out the lux pro with the gt-r. You have to list all the pros and cons when comparing, and no back seat is a huge con for me. Not everyone has a family or even wants a back seat. So a backseat may be a con for someone else. Going to VIR that is 10+hr drive in one car is a huge pro for me.

Quote:
Other suspension components also contribute to ride quality and $4000 coilovers isnt going to be enough to keep up.
No I am not kidding these aren't like jdm coilovers, with the double adjustability you can get the car to ride very nice. Way way nicer than a stock evo.

Keep up where... on the mountain and track? The entire suspension is being done over bushings, swaybars, adjustable front and rear arms. 305/30 18 on all 4 courners. That is a total of 48" of rubber. What is the width of the gt-r tires? I haven't seen any info on that. I am really curious. I will be running close to the same size rotors and calipers as the gt-r. 3000 vs 3800 with same brakes means I can brake way later and deeper. Also tires, pads, and brake fluid will start to fade faster at the track/mountain with a heavier car.

Quote:
Um who here is really going to take their car to the dealership to get serviced?
No but the price for replacement parts are going to be on par with other super cars. That pad rotor service scares the hell out of me. I wonder how much is labor. That should be a 1/2 hr job tops.

Quote:
You didnt address my point on the power of the evo. I know power doesnt matter much on the track, but im pretty sure stock trim is not going to cut it against a GTR(negating difference in driver skill/experience). Is it really going to be able to take the extra heat with the upgraded components? Can you really still use the AC with the extra heat? How reliable is the car going to be with all the upgrades? Can it last 100,000+ miles without shooting a piston out the side of the block?
I doubt a stock Evo can even finish a lap on the Nur without burning through its clutch, but that's probably Mitsubishi's fault. That still tells a bit of the engineering that has gone into the car.....
I don't want to release info on my engine or hp figures yet, but trust me when I say built evo I mean it in every sense of the word. I am not fucking around with this car. Engine builder is charging me 8k and that is built to the max. Basically he can't charge me any more because there is nothing left to upgrade. lol That is for a IX long block that is rated for 1100hp for drag and 800hp endurance road racing. I won't be running 800hp but I will say it's going to be more than the evo gt-r.

Quote:
Again my point is, the car should be balanced and can you truly achieve that balance that the GTR has with an Evo? Nissan spent years and millions trying to do it and IMO, they got pretty dam close, so IMO it is worth $68,000. Now thinking you can take a rolling Evo shell with 60k and replicate what Nissan did, then you're a little overly optimistic dont you think?
I might be optimistic, I guess we will find out in 08. I will be sure to post incar track laps and time slips. For me it so much fun doing the research and work on your own car and have it perform well. I know if I am passing a gt-r at the track I will be on cloud nine because of all the work I did. A driver in a gt-r passing me in my toaster evo wont even have a second thought.

I didn't call my project, hippiekiller for nothing. I am preparing for war and I hope the 08 cars rolling of the stealership lots are also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreze View Post
:ghey:

:ghey: This is the states not Japan. We don't pay $100 for mangos and $25 for a peice of chocolate. Who the hell is going to buy stock tires for $4,000 or $216 for an oil change.
Just posting what I found take it for what it is, but looks like rotors are going to be $$$. With 20 and 21 wheels, tires are not going to be cheap and race rubber is going to be insane. Going to see guys running 19" wheels for the track just to get good rubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam View Post
Many of you guys have probably seen this already, but here is an article about the GT-R going head to head vs. the 911 Turbo.
911 turbo performance for about half the price?
Did you see my article. EVO with gt-r performance for half the price. Sorry that was a bad joke. I know porsche must be so pissed about the gt-r.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com