View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 06:16 AM   #126
rb25s13vert
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
rb25s13vert is an unknown quantity at this point
But how much would you have lost in rent over the same period? Plus you should never invest in a house for anything less than 3-4 years if your looking to make any sort of profitaside from flipping which im not even going into. But you are correct in that if you are looking to sell before the 4 year mark you very well may only break even, but that to me is still better than paying off someone elses mortgage, i dont think paying rent on time is reported to credit agencies. i mean really look at monthly mortgage rates compared to what you will typically charge someone for rent to live in the same house. i know around these parts, your monthly mortage might average 1000 but people are routinly renting those places out for 14-1500 monthly. granted there maintaining the property. but who is going to make out in the long run on this in a perfect world? im sure there are reasons to rent over buying a home, i really cant think of one other than if you move alot. i would say not having to maintain your yard, but unless you live in an apartment that doent always apply, ive even seen scenarios were someone was renting a house and it came with a washer and dryer, however it became unoperable, but because it wasnt on the lease they had to replace it, but they were allowed to keep it upon there lease ending. i would say that anyone who purchases a home on a whim with no reserach being done is a fool, and a fool and his money are easily parted. but i would chose buying a home over renting almost every day of the week.

As for the interest and principle your right, your first several years payments will primarily go towards interest. and most investemts are risky. but what are things that people will always need. land and shelter will always be on that list. And i certianly wouldnt want to buy a house at the top of the market. but its still low right now and on the upswing, so now is a good time to get in if your asking me. i got my loan (VA) 0 down, with a 3.62% with 1 point. its not the best, but it certianly isnt the worst. fingers crossed on it being the right move.

Last edited by rb25s13vert; 09-12-2014 at 07:38 AM..
rb25s13vert is offline   Reply With Quote