View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 08:18 AM   #145
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Curious question that maybe someone on here can help with.... How do open house's work? can you just show up and walk around the house? Or do you need to have an appointment, or do you have to have been previously approved for a house? Me and my fiance just want to start going to some to see what we like, what we don't like, what we need and stuff we can live without, Just didn't know how to go about it.
So my wife was a top WI realtor for 10 years. Now she works in corporate rel estate dealing with hundreds of millions of dollars.

It does work that way. You want to see a house, you just show up to it. It can be as simple as that. You don't have to give them a name if you don't want, but if you do it can change some things. Say you find out a really good friend of yours is a realtor or you decide to have a realtor start helping out find a house. You really like your realtor. Well say you end up buying a house you looked at by yourself and you didn't tell the Open House realtor you were working with a realtor. Well your buddy/realtor will get screwed.

Here's the thing. It costs you NOTHING to work with a realtor to help you find a house until you buy one. They are experts though (usually). Let them help you. They can answer questions They can give you advice. They can tell you about the process so you aren't counting on advice from a bunch of car guys.

I can give you a really good referal if you want one. I know a lot off realtors that ARE experts.