View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 05:54 AM   #49
jamanrr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
jamanrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ya I did because I am tired of people saying a lot of what you said in your post. Go back and re read it. It was basically a moan fest about Nissan doing it wrong.
Lately thats all I have seen 240 owners do. Truth be told you may be different from the average current 240 owner.
Whether you intended it or not your post did come off like that.

For the record the Juke is actually a lot smaller than it looks in pictures when you see it in person. Like I said it will sell and its the fact that it will sell that could give us a small RWD Nissan with a turbo engine. Though what Jamannrr is asking for is typically not what Nissan is going to do.

It will not satisfy him or most other 240 owners because they have to have their 240 exactly like it won't be.

It may sound cynical or jaded on my part but its the truth that so many do want to accept or hear.

I would most likely not buy a modern version of a 240sx because that's what it would be.

People still don't get it. The 240Z was a hit because it was not a Datsun 311 Roadster.
While the Roadsters sold they never sold in huge numbers. The 240Z was a grand slam.

The 240sx was not a grand slam in the United States. It only was successful the first 2 years. The 7 remaining years it sold dismally.

Why would they want to bring out a new version of a car that sold dismally? LOL

Though back to the Juke, till I see one in person will I declare full judgment of if I like it or not. I stated that earlier about the looks. It remains to be seen in person.

If they shared platforms then it would not be bad at all. They have the infiniti G25 coming out and they could use that platform to get us a new 240. They had an sr20det powered sport ute before in Japan the X Trail or whatever it was called so they have done that before. They did it before with the Sentra SE-R/ NX2000/ Pulsar GTiR and the Maxima/ Z car being on the same chassis. Look any new car that any car manufacturer puts out these days is going to weigh a lot due to the fact of all the federal requirements. If they build the car and it sells 20-30 thousand a year then that could be considered a small success but as evident from the lack of NX2000s in the United States. Small and quirky does not sell and the Juke will not sell so that will probably kill any chance of seeing a RWD turbo Nissan in the immediate future which will cause me and everyone else to buy something other than a Nissan. While I would not own the Hyundai, the Toyota/ Subaru FT86 is something I would own and more than likely the Subaru version since it will have the turbo engine from the WRX. It is a competitive environment even for car companies. They have to either build something people will buy or get left behind by other car manufacturers that do. I do not see Nissan being pussies and letting people who would buy a new Nissan S chassis car go buy something from Subaru and Toyota especially in their own home markets.

They build the g25 to compete against the is25 just like they will build a new S car when the others come to market with their RWD sport coupes.

If Nissan lets this

and this

kick its ass then they have lost everything that has been Nissan through out the years and are truly Renault's cash cow bitch and should just build as many Maximas as they can.

Last edited by jamanrr; 10-23-2010 at 06:27 AM..
jamanrr is offline   Reply With Quote