View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 09:50 PM   #25
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Add this to the OP?
Modifying Intake Manifold for boost

Remove factory PCV system you have two options.
#1(best way)
To do so; Remove the pressed in fittings(x4) that connect the manifold to the "PCV collector" that then runs to the PCV box on the side of the block. Tap them side to side with a hammer and use pliers to pull them out.

Weld the holes shut. Once you do this you can do multiple things. Vent the PCV box to atmosphere, or like i do, run to a catch can then pre-turbo intake. (6AN hose)

#2(dont have a welder) You can tap the holes and add 1/8npt plugs
(will add pics of my other mani like this tomorrow)

On the waterneck, i also chose to cut off the throttle body coolant nipple, as it just gets in the way. Removing the intake manifold is much easier with this cut off. Also then you don't have to use a hose with a bolt smashed in it.

Thats it for the upper intake manifold.
For the lower intake you can buy an EGR delete from Isis. I had problems with mine sealing so i decide why not never have to deal with it again. Weld it shut.
Weld this hole

Another issue i had with boost leaks was the PRE-THROTTLE BODY to AAC hardline leaking. My Ebay intercooler piping elbow was much bigger than the AAC tube and always leaked. So i had a 6AN BRASS fitting welded to the tube and a 6AN ALUMINUM fitting welded to the intercooler pipe and it has never leaked since.

Seen best here (Forgive my hideous old set-up)
The front port(blue) on the catch can runs to the PCV
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote