View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 01:37 PM   #93
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
I haven't been around much..slow day at work and I saw I had a message or 2 asking about progress so I figured I'd take some time to update this.

So I believe I left off just under a year ago..dang. Quite a bit has happened since then. I started teleworking right after my birthday so it made travelling around and camping too easy. I don't think we spent a single weekend or complete week home until the beginning of November. Not much happened though, I took a break to focus on trying to make this side business work. I'll touch on that later.

Long and short is we woke up one Saturday morning the last week of January, checked investments, market values, rates etc etc (adulting, right) that I do every other week and the wife rolled over and kissed me good morning. I chuckled and showed her what a COVID housing market in one of the hottest zipcodes in the country has done for us. Deadass..I was like.."you want to sell the house and build a new one?"

Finished all the projects, splash of new paint upstairs, and listed a week later. Under contract in 11hrs, closed 10 days later....cash. Then, we got to move in -5 degree weather..that was pretty fun. Followed by 22" of snow.

BUT!! Even though we downsized a ton and moved in to a small apartment..there was an upside. We were top of the list on the lot lotto..with a hefty check and good amount of luck, we scored a dream spot, building the exact house we wanted. I don't care much about the view but shit..I think we did real good.

Not long after I found a new daily. I'd always kept my eye on whats available and FINALLY one with the right specs popped up for sale..rather good price, and with a service folder about an inch thick. After almost 3 years, I'd found a replacement wagon.

More to follow.