View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 09:03 AM   #94
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Alright, back to the action. So, I ended up finding a steal of a deal on a WS harness so that was taken care of. I really wanted to maintain a consistent appearance with my lines so I bought some PTFE lines to make clutch lines as well as a remote bleeder for the concentric slave.

Picked up a CBF shifter since GKtech sits entirely too far back and I wanted to get away without cutting as much as I can with this. Feels really good and the throw isn't too short.

Redid my fuel lines since I didn't like the look of crossing over the firewall.

Found heckin' deal on a set of Minervas so I jumped on that. I figured since I was having a hell of a time finding clean silvia fenders, I might as well go fiberglass over all around with some nice 3pc wheels.

I swear my procrastination is a gift. I test fit the wheels to check front brake clearance (these had high and mid faces) and before I can order new lips and barrels, the guy hits me up wanting the wheels back. I tell him I'm really looking for metal silvia front end components if he has some. Straight trade for a hood, fenders, Dorki Dori aero bumper, and the correct silvia crash bar.

Thank god, I had such mixed feelings about cutting the rear quarters.

Bolted it all together and test fitted it real fast to mark the shifter cut.

Trans sits just a hair lower than I like but thankfully there's still some work to be done. The trans bracket doesn't bolt up perfectly but I expected that since it wasn't made specifically for this combination. It's about 1/8" off. I've got to get under there to measure for the driveshaft I'm getting made locally. I'll mark the bracket so I can take it over to my friend's mill and slot the chassis mounting holes a bit. I think I will also pull the drivetrain one last time and look in to clearancing the top of the trans tunnel brace a bit more. I should gain another 1/4" if not more.

Now, you're more or less caught up on the car. Once I get this trans mount sorted and the driveshaft ordered, it's off to my friend's shop for exhaust and intercooler piping. I'm pushing hard for a driver before my birthday.